This is a really easy breakfast to make the night before, for those rushed weekday mornings. You can even pack it and take it to-go.
Love it! Chia seeds are packed with good whole food nutrition, lots of proteins and good fats. A healthy breakfast for sure. And chia pudding is super yummy.
Give it a try, and let me know how you liked it! 🙂
Overnight Oatmeal and Chia Seed Breakfast
An overnight oatmeal and chia seed breakfast recipe that prepares itself while you sleep! Healthy and easy!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1/4 cup rolled oat flakes
- 3/4 cup rice milk or nut milk
- 1-2 Tbsp almond butter
- 3 Tbsp fresh organic berries or fruits
- 2 Tbsp organic jam (low-sugar)
- 1 Tbsp raw hazelnuts or almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup to drizzle
- In a medium-size container, or mason jar, pour the chia seeds, the oat flakes, and the rice/nut milk.
- Cover, and let sit overnight. You can put it in the fridge if you want. (I didn't)
- In the morning, simply add the almond butter, jam, fresh fruits, pieces of nuts, and drizzle with maple syrup on top.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 729kcal | Fat: 31g | Saturated fat: 2g | Sodium: 91mg | Potassium: 465mg | Carbohydrates: 103g | Fiber: 21g | Sugar: 44g | Protein: 15g | Vitamin C: 4.6% | Calcium: 375% | Iron: 5.4%