Now that you know how to make an amazing hummus, you’ll definitely want to take advantage of this deliciousness and use it in your sandwiches! It makes for an awesome vegan green hummus and avocado toast !
A great addition to provide extra proteins but also a nice alternative to mayo. Yum yum! I love hummus sandwiches! This one is a really easy one to make, packed with even more nutrition do to adding extra fresh parsley, and perfect anytime.
Did you know? Raw parsley contains a high amount of vitamins and minerals, like vitamin A, vitamin C, and vitamin K, as well as a good source of iron, amongst many others! More than just a garnish, parsley should be part of our regular eating habits.
Open-faced Vegan sandwich
- 2-4 slices of organic wholegrain bread (like spelt, Kamut or rye), toasted
- 1 large organic tomato, cut in 6-8 slices
- 1 ripe avocado, cut in 6-8 slices
- 5-6 Tbsp. homemade hummus with extra fresh parsley (see my recipe)
- Grey sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. organic medium-grade maple syrup
- 2 tsp. organic balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp. organic apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. high quality organic extra-virgin olive oil
In a small bowl, mix the maple syrup, vinegars and olive oil.
Place the toasts on a large plate (or 2 plates if 2 servings), divide the hummus on both and spread.
Add the tomato slices equally each and the avocado slices.
Sprinkle with some salt and pepper (optional) and drizzle everything generously with the dressing.
This can be a bit messy to eat, but oh so delicious!
Can also be prepared ahead of time to take with you for lunch at work, simply pack all the ingredients separately and put together on the spot for a fresh healthy lunch packed with vitamins.