It’s usually best not to juice fruits. Because of their high sugar content, it’s best to eat them whole (or in smoothies) in order to get the beneficial fibres that come with the sweet deliciousness of the fruit. However, for people who have never juiced before, or are scared of enjoying a green juice, this Everything but the kitchen sink green juice for beginners might be the recipe to try because it does contain more fruits than it should, and that makes it sweeter, therefore easier to palate for people who might be used to drink sweet stuff. And there are still a ton of vegetables in it, so it’s still healthy, and a great way to get them hooked on healthy fresh juice (and eventually reduce the fruit ratio). 🙂
And if you put it into a Mason jar, you’ve got yourself an easy way to have a delicious juice on-the-go! Just remember to drink it as soon as possible after making it, because chlorophyll and nutrients start dying after 30 minutes.
Everything-but-the-kitchen-sink green juice for beginners (2-3 large servings)
- 1 organic orange, peeled
- 1 organic grapefruit, peeled
- 1 organic lemon, 1/2 of it peeled
- 1 whole organic bok choy, washed
- 3 organic celery stalks, washed
- 1 whole bunch of organic spinach, washed
- 5-6 large leaves organic Swiss chard, washed and dried
- 3-4 large organic carrots, washed
- 1/2 bunch organic parsley, washed
- 1 organic apple or a pear
Juice everything and enjoy! 🙂
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
Leave a Reply