A delicious and quick recipe for a roasted beet, mushroom and spinach vegan sandwich ready in 10 minutes or so!
Sometimes, we need a quick and easy lunch idea (or even a light dinner). This is one of them! The good thing is that this sandwich tastes great at room temperature too, so feel free to make more and take one with you to work!
Add a green salad or a delicious carrot salad and you’ve got yourself a delicious and nutritious meal, that was made in 10-15 minutes (depending on how much you like your mushrooms roasted)!
Roasted Beet, Mushrooms, Spinach and Garlic Vegan Sandwich
- 2-5 large slices raw beet (about 1/4” to 1/3” thick)
- 12-14 medium-size organic cremini and shitake mushrooms, washed and sliced (or a mix of various mushrooms you like)
- a big handful of organic spinach, washed
- 2 cloves of organic garlic, minced
- 3 tbsp. high quality olive oil
- a good pinch unrefined grey sea salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 2-4 slices of organic wholegrain bread, toasted (I used a crusty spelt bread)
- organic mayo (optional)
Warm 1 tbsp. olive oil in a large pan over medium heat (be careful that the oil doesn’t start smoking).
Place the beet slices in the pan and grill each side (1-2 min each side), put aside in a plate.
Add approx. 2 tbsp. olive oil and sauté all the mushrooms in the pan for about 5 min or until they are roasted to your taste, reduce the temperature to low-medium heat, add the spinach and the minced garlic, cover with a lid and wait 30-45 seconds.
Mix. Add a pinch or two of sea salt, mix.
To assemble the sandwich, put a little bit of mayo on your toasts (optional), then place the beet slices on top of the toasts, add the mushroom-spinach mixture on top and place the other toast on top (or if you want less bread, only 1 slice per sandwich is fine too).
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
Leave a Reply