Sometimes I shy away from posting such simple recipes, because I think: is that really a recipe worthy to be posted on my blog?? But I think it is, just because it’s simple doesn’t mean it’s not good! And simple recipes are what makes us able to make healthy choices everyday, even when we’re really busy, especially during weeknights. This classic carrot salad served with raw seeds is delicious, fresh and can be made in 5 minutes at most. Everyone likes it and it’s really healthy. It also goes really well with this delicious Roasted beet, mushroom and spinach sandwich. (a complete healthy vegan lunch in 15-20 minutes!) 🙂
Did you know?
Quick Carrot Salad
5 min preparation
- 2 large organic carrots, washed and shredded (use the large holes on the cheese grater) or simply make ribbons using a vegetable peeler (like picture) I used heirloom carrots (purple, orange and yellow)
- 1 Tbsp raw organic sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp raw organic sunflower seeds
- 1 Tbsp raw organic pumpkin seeds (white or black)
- 10-12 raw organic almonds (ideally, soaked for 2-8 hours), chopped in large chunks
- 1 Tbsp organic Sultana raisins (optional, but delicious)
- 1 Tbsp organic hemp seeds (optional, but delicious)
- 1/4 cup of either French shallot and apple cider vinegar or Apple cider and maple syrup salad dressing (your choice, both taste good!)
Mix all the ingredients in a medium bowl; you can add more or less of the salad dressing to suit your taste.