Dairy-free and soy-free, but 100% delicious! So creamy and rich, you’ll never know it’s dairy-free. Perfect if you have a dairy allergy or intolerance, or just want to reduce your cow product intake. 🙂
Quick vegetarian dairy-Free Swiss chard and mushroom quiche
15 min preparation
30 min cooking time
- 1 pre-made organic spelt pie crust (or even better, make your own)
- 1 carrot, washed and cut in small cubes or slices
- 1/4 Spanish onion, cut in small chunks (approx. 1/4″)
- 2 large organic cremini or shitake mushrooms, washed and sliced (cut the slices in 2)
- 1/2 small organic zucchini, washed and sliced (cut the slices in 4)
- 4 large stalks organic Swiss chard, washed, drained well and cut in thin pieces (approx. 1/3”)
- 2-3 Tbsp high quality extra-virgin cooking olive oil
- 2 large organic free-range eggs
- 3/4 cup organic rice cream (unsweetened) (you can buy a variety of options now, dairy cream alternatives made out of rice, millet, cashews, almonds or soy)
- 1/3 cup grated soy-free/dairy-free Daiya cheese (a mix of “mozzarella” and “cheddar”)
- a few pinches unrefined grey sea salt
Prebake the crusts for 10 min at 350oF and set aside. Using a large pan, heat ½ of the oil on medium heat (use the rest for the mushrooms). Sauté each vegetable one or 2 at a time until golden, approx. 5 min for onion, 4 min for carrots and zucchini, 5 min for mushrooms and 2 min for the chard. Put aside in a large plate.
In a medium-size bowl, whisk the eggs, cream and salt together. Add the “cheese” and mix.
Put all the sautéed vegetables in the pie crust equally then add the cream/”cheese” mixture on top. Make sure it’s filled to the rim but not overflowing.
Bake at 400oF for 30 min. Serve while hot, with a green salad.