Beans are in season! Green, yellow, purple… Most people like fresh beans and this is a very quick, simple yet delicious way of preparing them, and the toasted almonds add such a nice crunch. A very French way of cooking green beans. Done in about 10-15 minutes.
Lemon, garlic and Dijon mustard green beans and tomatoes (4 servings)
- 1 lb organic green beans, ends trimmed on one side (only cut the side that was attached to the plant)
- 1 organic tomato, cut in chunks
- a handful raw organic almonds
- 1/2 lemon, juiced (you could substitute with some organic white wine)
- 1 tsp Dijon or grainy mustard
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- Good quality extra-virgin olive oil
Warm a large pan over medium heat (no oil in it). Once the pan is hot, add the almonds and cover. Mix around a few times to make sure they don’t burn. You just want to lightly roast them. This should only take 3-4 minutes. Put aside in a plate.
In the same hot pan, add a good drizzle of olive oil and the green beans, stir and cover with a lid; let cook for about 3-4 minutes, stirring once or twice during that time. Add the minced garlic, stir, cover, and let cook for 1-2 more minutes (stir once or twice during).
Then add the tomato chunks, stir, cover and let cook for 3-4 minutes. In a small bowl, mix the fresh lemon juice and Dijon mustard. Add to the pan, stir well and let cook uncovered for 2-3 more minutes.
Coarsely chop the toasted almonds, and sprinkle on top. Done! (I don’t add any salt in this recipe because the Dijon mustard is salty already.)
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
Leave a Reply