Looking for an awesome basic chocolate cupcake recipe? you found it! Simple, delicious, healthy and dairy-free, what more to ask for?
These go REALLY well with the Almond and peanut butter vegan icing. I smell some cupcake baking coming up this weekend…
Basic Dairy-Free Chocolate Cupcakes (makes 12 cupcakes)
10 min preparation time
25 min baking time
- 1 ½ cup organic flours (1 cup rye, 1/4 cup whole wheat, 1/4 cup unbleached white)
- 1 ½ tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. organic corn starch (optional)
- 1/4 tsp. grey sea salt
- 1/4 cup unbleached organic sugar
- 1/4 cup organic whole sugar
- 3/4 cup high quality organic cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup high quality extra-virgin cooking olive oil
- 2 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup organic rice or nut milk
12 unbleached muffins paper cups
Turn oven on to 350F. Using a muffin pan, add unbleached muffin liners to each.
In a large bowl, mix the flours, baking powder, corn starch (optional) and salt with a whisk.
In another bowl, mix the sugars, oils, eggs and vanilla until fully blended, then add the cocoa powder carefully, mix, and the rice milk and mix well.
Add the liquids to the dry ingredient bowl and mix until fully combined, but don’t overmix.
Evenly distribute the batter into the muffin (lined) pan.
Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool for a few minutes, then transfer to a cooling rack until fully cool before putting the icing on.