If you like your pizza crust super light and fluffy, this recipe is not for you. haha But if you want to make a super quick homemade pizza in 30 minutes or less, this is for you!
I’ve made this several times, it’s super-duper easy, takes no time at all, or special skill, or special ingredient, or special tool. The crust is basically like a flatbread, with no yeast or baking powder, and no eggs or dairy (vegan). You pre-cook it in a pan, and then you put your toppings on top and cook it in the oven for about 10-12 minutes, just enough time to melt the cheese (dairy or vegan).
I’ve used a mix of whole spelt and rye flour, which are both naturally low in gluten. Yum! Yum! Yum!
Super Quick Homemade Pizza | Yeast-Free, Low-Gluten, Vegan
A simple and super quick homemade pizza crust recipe, for those days when you just want pizza now.
- 1 cup spelt flour
- 1 cup rye flour light or stone-ground
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup filtered water
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup pizza sauce organic if possible
- 1/4 cup organic zucchini slices
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 1/8 cup pepperoni slices (optional) organic if possible
- 1/4 cup carrot slices
- 1/4 cup organic mushroom slices
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the flours and the sea salt.
- Add 1/3 cup of water and the olive oil; mix with a fork at first and then use your (clean) hands to finish mixing everything.
- If needed, add a bit more water, but not too much or your dough will be too sticky.
- Form a ball, put in bowl, drizzle some olive oil on top to cover, put a dish towel over the bowl and let sit for 5 minutes.
- While you wait, wash and cut all of your veggies, grate the cheese, etc. that you will need.
- Warm a large pan just under medium heat.
- Divide the dough into 3-4; roll up each into balls, then flatten each in-between the palm of your hands, until as flat as you can get them (approx. 1/4-1/3" thick).
- Put into the hot pan, and cook for a few minutes on each side, or until golden. (Be careful that the pan is not too hot or it will burn too quickly)
- Transfer to an oven pizza pan, add your pizza sauce and toppings of your choice.
- Cook in oven at 400 F for about 10-12 minutes.
- Serve right away! Yum!
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 559kcal | Fat: 14g | Saturated fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 14mg | Sodium: 610mg | Potassium: 455mg | Carbohydrates: 87g | Fiber: 15g | Sugar: 3g | Protein: 18g | Vitamin A: 3020% | Vitamin C: 6.6% | Calcium: 125% | Iron: 4.7%
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
Leave a Reply