If you have a dairy intolerance or egg allergy, this recipe is definitely for you! If you just want to try something new, this recipe is also for you!
In the quest to always find new ways to reinvent classics, here’s a quick and easy recipe to make this weekend! Big and small will love it, I’m sure. It only takes a couple of minutes to prepare everything, so make sure you warm up your pan ahead because these puppies will be ready to be cooked in no time!
The texture of the blended banana is perfect, the French toasts are moist and flavourful. Adding the apple slices add an extra dimension and makes it a great way to add fruits to your plate. Enjoy!
Vegan French toast (2 servings, if you need more, just double or triple the recipe)
2 min preparation
- 1 ripe organic banana (not too ripe)
- 1 ½ cup organic rice hazelnut milk (I use Isola Bio) or make your own cashew or almond milk
- 1 tsp organic vanilla (I use Simply Organic)
- 4-6 thick slices organic crusty bread (spelt, Kamut or multigrain) preferably at least 2-3 days old
- 4-5 Tbsp. high quality organic extra-virgin olive oil or organic safflower oil
- 1 organic apple of your choice, washed and sliced
Warm the oil in a large pan just a bit over medium heat, but make sure it doesn’t overheat or start to smoke (reduce temperature if needed). Using a hand-held blender, blend the banana, milk and vanilla together until smooth. Pour in a large/deep plate and soak the bread slices in it, 2 or 3 at a time for about 30-45 seconds. Cook in the hot pan until golden on each side. Add the apple slices at the same time to soften them.
Serve the French toasts with the warm apple slices on top, drizzled with maple syrup, and a side of fresh fruits. Mine was warm apple, mango and kiwi.
Have a great weekend! 🙂