No matter if you eat meat or not, it’s important to eat a variety of foods. Not only is it more nutritious, but it’s also less boring, right?! This Vegan Sweet Potato Chickpea Burger recipe is incredibly easy to make in a powerful blender, no need to chop anything, but if your blender isn’t powerful enough, simply cook the sweet potato ahead of time for about 10 minutes, just enough to soften it (you might need to add a bit more cornstarch since the potato will contain extra water).
You can also prepare these ahead of time and keep in the fridge to make the patties less soft, but if you’re in a rush, you can cook them right away. These would go well with homemade healthy kale chips.
Perfect for any season!
Vegan Sweet Potato Chickpea Burger | Soy-Free, Gluten-Free
A tasty meatless recipe for Vegan Sweet Potato Chickpea Burger, perfect for any day. Ready in about 20 minutes. Soy-Free, Gluten-Free.
- 1 small organic sweet potato
- 398 ml canned chickpeas
- a big handful fresh cilantro
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp granulated garlic
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- a pinch of chipotle powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- a pinch of black pepper
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup organic cornstarch or tapioca starch (if celiac, look for GF certified)
- avocado oil for cooking
- 1 avocado sliced
- 1 organic tomato sliced
- 1/2 cup baby organic greens or 1/4 head of lettuce
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 4 hamburger bun of your choice preferably organic (gluten-free if celiac)
- Put all of the patties ingredients in a powerful blender, except the cornstarch. Blend until smooth-ish. You might need to scrape the sides of the blender a few times with a rubber spatula in order to get everything blended.
- Remove the mixture from the blender into a medium mixing bowl, and mix in the cornstarch.
- Form into 4 or 5 patties with your clean hands, and put in the fridge while you warm up a large pan over medium heat with avocado oil.
- When the pan is hot, carefully put the patties to cook. You might need to cook 2 at a time in order not to overcrowd the pan. Cook for a few minutes on each side.
- Fix your burgers with toasted buns, mayo, lettuce, tomato slices, and avocado slices on top. Enjoy!
This recipe can be prepared ahead of time before cooking, and kept in an airtight container in the fridge, up to 2 days. It can also be cooked ahead of time, and kept in the same manner.
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 512kcal | Fat: 29g | Saturated fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 5mg | Sodium: 932mg | Potassium: 641mg | Carbohydrates: 53g | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 5g | Protein: 11g | Vitamin A: 5260% | Vitamin C: 11.5% | Calcium: 96% | Iron: 3.7%