The classic French “Pots de crème” is usually made with a lot of heavy cream, which is ok on occasion, but why not make a similar version, like these healthy salted chocolate pots de crème, that will make you feel good and will be easier to digest, especially for dairy-intolerant people! It is also made without any refined white sugar, but uses a tiny bit of maple syrup and the natural sweetness of bananas (for those of you who don’t like bananas, no worries, there is another option).
This rich chocolate dessert is best if made the night before (or at least a few hours), perfect to serve to guests, and no one will know how easy it was to make. Let them be impressed 😉
Healthy Salted Chocolate Pots de Creme | Vegan, no refined sugar
- 2 ripe organic bananas not too ripe! (if you don't like bananas, substitute 1 or 2 of the bananas with 1 or 2 avocados, and add an extra 1 Tbsp maple syrup)
- 2 Tbsp chia seeds
- 1 cup rice milk or nut milk, or coconut milk
- 1/4 cup raw cacao powder or Dutch processed chocolate powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 cup frozen organic raspberries
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- a small handful pistachios , coarsely chopped (I used raw pistachios, but roasted and salted would be fine too)
- In a high powered blender (I used my Vitamix), blend the bananas (or avocados), chia seeds, milk, chocolate powder, vanilla, maple syrup, and salt until smooth and creamy, about 15 seconds or so.
- Pour into the 2 containers/glasses that you want to use to serve, and put in the fridge overnight, or at least for a few hours.
- In a small pot over medium-low heat, warm up the raspberries and maple syrup until they start to soften. You can prepare this the night before (cold) or before serving (warm).
- Just before serving, add the raspberry compote on top and sprinkle with the chopped pistachios and a small sprinkle of sea salt on top.
- If you wish, you can add a dollop of coconut whipped cream (optional).
- Enjoy right away!
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 456kcal | Fat: 16g | Saturated fat: 2g | Sodium: 54mg | Potassium: 971mg | Carbohydrates: 76g | Fiber: 16g | Sugar: 34g | Protein: 11g | Vitamin A: 135% | Vitamin C: 26.6% | Calcium: 165% | Iron: 4%
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links for products that I personally use and/or recommend. By purchasing from these merchants, I receive a few pennies, allowing me to continue my work. Thank you!
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
Teffy @ Sprinkle of Green says
This is definitely my kind of desserts, looks so deliciously creamy and chocolatey!
I haven’t made chocolate pots in ages, might make some tonight and cuddle up under a blanket for a movie, nothing beats desserts and movies =)
Oooh sounds perfect! I hope you got to do that! 🙂 It’s so simple to make, but definitely creamy and tasty. Thanks for dropping by!
I need to get some of these chia seeds and see where they take me…I see them in so many recipes these days. Anyway, looks really delish! I’m always on the lookout for healthy desserts.
Thank you! yes, you should definitely give chia seeds a try! They are so versatile and good for us 🙂