Bonjour! Que c’est délicieux!
I don’t know if you’ve ever had a Niçoise salad before, but it is soooooo yummy, you must have it at least once! This has become a classic salad in the summer, because it doesn’t involve a lot of cooking, is fresh, contains lots of vegetables but also lots of proteins, which makes it a really well-balanced meal all-in-one and it packs well for lunches too!
Make sure you use sustainably-caught tuna fish. I highly recommend this wild albacore tuna I’ve been using for several years now, it is by far the best tuna I’ve ever tasted and is also rated #1 in this years’ Green Peace Canada’s Canned Tuna Raking list. Their cans are also BPA-free and they do not bleach or pre-cook their tuna. It’s a Canadian company and is called RainCoast Trading. (http://www.greenpeace.org/canada/en/campaigns/ocean/Tuna/Get-involved/2013-canned-tuna-sustainability-ranking/)
Salade Niçoise (4 meal servings)
- 1/2 head organic lettuce (I like red leaf), washed and ripped into big bite-size chunks with your hands
- 1/2 lb organic green beans, lightly steamed
- 4 free-range organic eggs, hard-boiled, cut in quarters
- 2 organic tomato on the vine, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 2 medium-size organic potatoes, boiled, cut into bite-sized cubes (optional)
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- black olives (optional)
- 1 can sustainably-caught wild tuna (no salt added), flaked with a fork
- juice of 1 lemon (approx. 3-4 Tbsp)
- 1/4 cup organic apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon or grainy mustard
- 3/4 cup high quality extra-virgin organic olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup (optional)
- pinch of grey sea salt
- freshly ground organic pepper (to taste)
Mix all the ingredients for the dressing in a bowl. Divide all the ingredients for the salad in each plate, starting with the lettuce first and then piling on the other ingredients: green beans, eggs, tomatoes, potatoes, red onion, olives, and flaked tuna. Pour dressing over each plate and serve at once. (if you’re packing for lunch, use a small container to carry the dressing and pour just before eating).
Note: This recipe contains affiliate links for products that I use and/or recommend.
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
Leave a Reply