The beauty of juicing is you can always experiment with whatever organic produce you have in your fridge! As long as you keep the vegetable ratio way higher to fruits and add a bunch of greens, you can be pretty sure it’ll be healthy and yummy. 😉
I made this one recently and just had to share because it was unbelievably refreshing, which is perfect in this crazy hot weather we’ve been getting in this part of the country!
And since it is so hot outside and I tend to stay inside more (a couple of weeks per year, I can’t help but to get our portable air conditioning out of the basement and turn it on, as much as I hate to use it and try to tough it out as long as I can), I figured I’d cut a few of my beautiful hydrangeas and enjoy them inside! So pretty!
Grapefruit, kale and carrot summer juice (1-2 servings)
- 1 pink grapefruit, quickly peeled, cut in half
- 4 large leaves organic kale, washed (you can cut the bottom stems if you’d like)
- 4 medium-sized carrots, washed
- 1 organic apple of your choice, washed, cut in half
- a handful organic parsley, washed
- 3 organic celery stalks, washed
- 1/4 organic English cucumber or other cucumber, washed
Simply juice everything in your juicer. I usually put the leafy greens between 2 pieces of a harder ingredient, like the apple. I put the parsley between the 2 grapefruit halves. Mix and drink immediately. Yum yum yum!!! You could add an ice cube if you’d like, but I like it just like that and it’s also easier to digest when it’s not too cold 🙂