I’m not sure if you had the chance to check out my last post-workout chocolate smoothie I made a little while ago, but this new post-workout blueberry smoothie is also amazingly delicious! Smoothies are so good! I apologize if you don’t like bananas in your smoothies, because this one has one. I only eat bananas 2 ways: plain, or in a smoothie (except that one time as a pretty cool breakfast wrapped in almond butter… yum!).
So, back to this delicious smoothie, packed with whole foods that naturally contain proteins, essential fatty acids, antioxidants and a wide-range of delicious nutrition, perfect for breakfast or as after a jog or workout, this smoothie is delicious! And no need for protein powder. This post-workout blueberry smoothie is all natural!
Hemp seeds a a great way to up the protein content of your smoothie without using protein powders that are often filled with additives and GMO soy derivatives. Keep your smoothies simple and use whole foods instead. It’ll be much easier to digest and your body will absorb more of the nutrients.
Post-workout Blueberry Smoothie
A delicious blueberry smoothie which is perfect after a good workout! This smoothie contains no powders and is vegan, gluten-free and paleo.
- 1 large organic banana fair-trade if possible
- 1/2 cup frozen organic or wild blueberries
- 2 tsp organic maple syrup B/medium grade
- 2 Tbsp organic raw almond butter you can substitute for any nut or seed butter you prefer
- 1 Tbsp organic hemps seeds
- 1 1/2 cup organic nut/rice milk of your choice Add more if too thick
- Blend everything in a blender or with a hand-held immersion blender until very smooth, and enjoy right away!
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 580kcal | Fat: 26g | Saturated fat: 1.895g | Polyunsaturated fat: 7.306g | Monounsaturated fat: 14.322g | Sodium: 235mg | Potassium: 1038mg | Carbohydrates: 81g | Fiber: 12g | Sugar: 53g | Protein: 12g | Vitamin A: 1900% | Vitamin C: 14% | Calcium: 830% | Iron: 3.4%