Looking for inspiration for Meatless Monday or any day of the week to reduce the amount of meat you eat? Here’s a delicious, nutritious and easy to make salad that will leave you satisfied. I cannot even begin to describe how delicious this is!
I made this a couple of weeks ago, it only took about 30 minutes total, since the sweet potatoes took about 25 minutes to cook in the oven. After eating one of those bowls for the first time, my husband said “This can definitely be part of our regular meal rotation!” 🙂
This type of meal is super easy to make, no special skill required, anyone can do it. This can definitely become a regular meal that you can adapt to whatever veggies you have in the fridge as well.
So SO good! I have a feeling this will be made quite a few times this summer!!!
Start with the sweet potatoes, and then while these are cooking, you have time to prepare the rest (sauté the chickpeas and wash/cut the other veggies).
Nourishing bowl: Moroccan Sweet Potato and Coconut Lemon Roasted Chickpea Salad | Vegan, Gluten-Free
A delicious complete meal recipe for this Moroccan sweet potato and coconut lemon roasted chickpea salad! Satisfying and healthy
- 2 organic sweet potatoes washed, yucky parts removed, not peeled, cut into large chunks
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 398 ml chickpeas (1 regular size can) rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove minced
- 1 cup organic baby spinach
- 2 Tbsp raisins
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1/2 head organic lettuce washed, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1/2 organic sweet pepper washed, sliced
- 1/4 organic English cucumber washed, sliced or cubed
- 2 carrots washed, sliced into strips using a peeler
- 1 orange juiced
- 1/4 cup raw apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- black pepper (a pinch)
- Turn oven on to 450F.
Put the sweet potato chunks into a large bowl, add 1 Tbsp of olive oil and mix until evenly coated. Mix in all the spices: paprika, turmeric, cinnamon, coriander, pepper and sea salt.
- Put into oven at 450F for 20-25 min or until nicely golden and cooked through.
- While this is cooking in oven, mix the salad dressing in a bowl or a mason jar. Wash and prepare the veggies (lettuce, sweet pepper, cucumber, carrot).
- Warm a pan on medium heat, add 1-2 tsp of olive oil, the coconut oil, the raisins, and chickpeas. Sauté for a 3-5 minutes until it starts showing a golden colour. Add the minced garlic and spinach, and continue sautéeing for a few more minutes. Add a pinch of unrefined grey sea salt, and the juice of 1 organic lemon. Mix and scrape whatever bits come off the bottom. Turn the heat off.
- Assemble in plates. Distribute the chickpea mixture and sweet potatoes. Drizzle everything with dressing. Enjoy!
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 642kcal | Fat: 32g | Saturated fat: 7g | Sodium: 584mg | Potassium: 1168mg | Carbohydrates: 77g | Fiber: 17g | Sugar: 18g | Protein: 15g | Vitamin A: 20995% | Vitamin C: 78.8% | Calcium: 150% | Iron: 5.8%
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
This salad was delicious and so very easy to make. The flavours worked so very well together. I got a chance to experience Morrocan flavours and kale (used along with the spinach) for the first time. Truly enjoyed this recipe! Thanks
Yay! Thank you so much for the feedback, it’s always great to hear it, especially when it was a success! So glad you liked it! 🙂
So tasty and it was easy to make!
This is truly delicious!
Thank you, so glad you liked it!
Still one of my favourite Eyecandypopper recipes and I made it again yesterday with lots of leftovers for today. The sweet potato and chick pea mixture freezes well for easy meals in the future too.
That’s good to know about the freezing! I’m so happy you love it 🙂