A simple, quick and easy broth that is rich in flavour, and a wonderful alternative to beef stock! Perfect to use in the Immunity soup.
Mushroom Stock (makes 10 cups)
- 1 tsp high quality organic extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 organic celery stalks, chopped
- 1 medium organic onion, chopped
- 2 ounces (approx. 57 grams) dried organic shiitake mushrooms
- 10 cups filtered or spring water
- 1/2 cup organic tamari or organic low-sodium soy sauce
In a large pot, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the celery and onion, and sauté until soft and translucent. Add the mushrooms and the water. Bring to a simmer over medium-high heat, then reduce the heat and let the stock cook for 20 minutes.
Turn off the heat, cover, and let the stock steep for 20 minutes. Add the tamari or soy sauce. Use as needed, or put into lidded containers and refrigerate for up to 1 week or freeze up to 1 month.
(inspired from the book True Food by Andrew Weil)
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
Leave a Reply