This one has been a long time coming… many requests for it. My favorite dairy-free multigrain chocolate chips cookie recipe!
Believe it or not, this was inspired from an old free recipe booklet from Robin Hood that I received for free with a magazine. I’ve changed most ingredients and tweaked it so much that it’s not really recognizable. haha Of course, all the ingredients are organic. 🙂
Eating a healthy organic lifestyle doesn’t mean you have to deprive yourselves of the things you love. It just means you have to make them yourself and use the highest quality ingredients you can find. That way, you always know what goes into it, and what you’re eating. It’s a great thing for your health, but you’ll also be able to enjoy a treat!
Multigrain chocolate chip cookies (dairy-free)
- 1/2 cup organic margarine (like Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (softened, but not melted)
- 1/4 cup organic whole sugar (like Sucanat)
- 1/4 cup organic unbleached white sugar
- 1 large local free-range organic egg
- 2 tsp natural organic vanilla extract (like Simply Organic)
- 1/2 cup rye flour
- 1 1/2 cup spelt flour
- 1/2 cup organic oat flakes (optional)
- 1/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 tsp organic corn starch (optional)
- 1/4 tsp unrefined grey sea salt (like Le Paludier)
- 1 cup organic semi-sweet or bittersweet chocolate chips (like Camino)
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF (190ºC). Line baking sheets with unbleached parchment paper. Beat margarine, whole sugar, white sugar, egg and vanilla together in large bowl until creamy.
- Combine the flour, oats (optional), baking powder and salt. Add to margarine mixture beating until blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls onto prepared baking sheet or roll balls in your hands, put on baking sheet and squeeze down with a spatula.
- Bake in centre of oven at 375ºF (190ºC) for 8-12 minutes, or until light golden (you don’t want to cook them too much). Cool for a few minutes on sheet, then transfer to rack and cool completely. Or wait a few minutes and devour them with a nice glass of organic glass of milk!