I know everyone is always looking for lunch suggestions, whether for themselves or for their kids, so I am trying to come up with some ideas for you to provide a bit of relief in your hectic daily lives! 🙂
These little vegetarian frittatas are great to make a big batch ahead of time, and freeze them or keep them in the fridge for the week. They taste great cold, so no need to use an oven or (gasp) horrible microwaves.
Pack these with a green salad (or mixed salad) and cherry tomatoes with a quick dressing, some carrot sticks, a handful of walnuts, a couple of whole dates, an apple, and one or two healthy muffins like these Zucchini chocolate chip ones, make sure you use organic ingredients, and you’ve got yourself a healthy, delicious and complete lunch!
Depending on how much you pack, this lunch can be just as good for kids, teenagers or adults!
Vegetarian Pumpkin Frittata | Kids' Lunch Edition
- 4 organic free-range eggs (large)
- 1/2 large organic green pepper cut in small pieces
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp ground paprika
- 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- black pepper to taste (optional)
- 3/4 cup baked pumpkin puréed (simply cut the pumpkin in chunks and bake in oven at 375F for an hour or so)
- 12 organic cherry tomatoes cut in half
- In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk the eggs with all the spices and the mustard.
- Add the pieces of green pepper and the puréed pumpkin, and mix really well.
- Distribute the egg mixture in the muffin pan (I used muffin liners), either 10-12 regular size or 20-24 mini muffins.
- Add half of a cherry tomato on top of each.
- Bake in a 375F oven for 15-20 minutes for the mini, or about 22-27 minutes for the regular size.
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 16kcal | Cholesterol: 32mg | Sodium: 45mg | Potassium: 54mg | Protein: 1g | Vitamin A: 505% | Vitamin C: 5.1% | Calcium: 7% | Iron: 0.3%
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
These are so easy to make and very tasty! You can make a batch and add a few to each lunch throughout the week. I really like them!
Awesome! So nice to hear they’re making your lunches a bit easier to make 🙂