Just a quick and delicious salad I can’t stop eating these days, with all the delicious local heirloom and organic tomatoes available from organic farms, and even from my own garden! MMmmm… yum!
I ate this entire platter by myself this weekend, because weirdly enough my husband doesn’t like raw tomatoes. Crazy, I know… but more for me! haha
Enjoy this salad when tomatoes are in-season, fresh, local, and sweet. Not to be made with bland commercial tomatoes, it would be pretty yucky!
Quick Heirloom Tomato Salad | Vegetarian, Vegan Option
When local produce are in season, simple recipes are best, like this quick heirloom tomato salad. Delicious, fresh and a great side dish!
- 4 heirloom/organic tomatoes ideally in different colours, washed, sliced
- 1/3 cup organic cherry tomatoes in different shape and colours washed, cut in half
- 2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves
- 1 Tbsp fresh thyme
- 1 Tbsp fresh oregano
- 4 Tbsp creamy goat cheese or cashew cheese for vegan option
- 2 Tbsp hemp seeds (optional)
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper a pinch, to taste
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Mix the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and maple syrup together in a small bowl. Put aside.
- Simply put all the tomato slices and cherry tomatoes on a platter, sprinkle a pinch of sea salt, pepper, a few pinches of hemp seeds (if using). Add fresh herbs (if using)
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Add 4 Tbsp of creamy goat cheese.
- Serve immediately.
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 258kcal | Fat: 17g | Saturated fat: 3g | Cholesterol: 6mg | Sodium: 364mg | Potassium: 873mg | Carbohydrates: 19g | Fiber: 5g | Sugar: 12g | Protein: 8g | Vitamin A: 63.8% | Vitamin C: 61.5% | Calcium: 9.5% | Iron: 17.6%