I recently ate something similar from my local organic café (I took it to go before driving 9 hours), it was so good and filling, I decided to make it at home! 🙂
Easy, nutritious, very filling! Perfect breakfast for a big day, and obviously you can make more for the whole family! Always make sure to buy cage-free/free-range and organic eggs.
Breakfast Burrito for one (vegetarian)
- 2 large organic cage-free eggs
- 1/4 can organic black beans
- 1/4 organic sweet pepper, diced
- a handful of organic spinach
- 1 organic tortilla of your choice (I used Ezekiel made with sprouted grains)
- 1/4 cup cooked organic brown rice
- organic cheddar cheese, sprinkled on top
- 1/2 organic avocado, sliced
- organic salsa
In a small saucepan over medium heat, add a dash of good quality olive oil. When it’s warm enough, sauté the sweet pepper for 3-4 minutes, then drop both eggs, and use a fork to scramble the eggs for a couple of minutes. Add the spinach, the black beans, and a couple of pinches of fine grey sea salt (pepper – optional), mix and cook a couple of more minutes. Don’t overcook your eggs so that they’re not too dry.
Warm the tortilla, add some cheese, the cooked brown rice, egg mixture, and sliced avocado. Roll up! Eat with some salsa on top. Yum!