Umm, yeah. This. is. delicious. I love it! Perfect Meatless Monday meal!
Peach and nectarine season started for some of you, so take advantage of the fruity peachy deliciousness, and make a sandwich out of it. The combination of the sweet fruit with the tartness of the goat cheese, and the sweet balsamic dressing on top…. oh my goodness! So, so, so good!
I had it 2 days in a row, and I could have it again right now. It’s so fresh and perfect for quick summer lunches or light dinners on the patio. Just serve with a big salad, and maybe a refreshing drink (homemade lemonade anyone?). Delicious!
Peaches and nectarines are usually pretty heavily sprayed, so make sure you use your money to support organic farmers! 😉
Balsamic Nectarine and Fresh Chèvre On Toast
A simple sweet and savoury recipe for a quick lunch with this balsamic nectarine and fresh chèvre on toast! Great for a packed lunch too.
- 2 slices organic bread of your choice toasted
- 2 Tbsp creamy goat cheese
- 1 organic nectarine
- 4 leaves organic lettuce
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt a pinch
- black pepper to taste
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small glass.
- After toasting the bread and cooling it a bit, spread the creamy goat cheese on top.
- Add the lettuce leaves, and slices of fresh nectarine.
- Drizzle with the dressing.
- Serve with a side green salad.
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 301kcal | Fat: 10g | Saturated fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 12mg | Sodium: 583mg | Potassium: 342mg | Carbohydrates: 42g | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 16g | Protein: 11g | Vitamin A: 21.2% | Vitamin C: 9.3% | Calcium: 16.9% | Iron: 15.1%