It gets hard sometimes during winter to eat fresh vegetables that are in-season, and when it’s cold outside, we all crave a little something warm and comforting, so these kinds of salad bowls are perfect, combining hot elements and fresh ones too. What I also like about this is that it can be made in about 20-25 minutes! Super fast, easy, AND super healthy! Love it! Perfect for weeknight meals.
p.s. This recipe is for 2, but if you need to make it for 4 or 6 people, simply double or triple the ingredients 😉
20 min Winter Salad Bowl: Spiced Roasted Turnip, Carrots and Broccoli with Almond-Balsamic Dressing | Vegan
This healthy winter salad bowl will provide you a full meal in 20 minutes. With roasted turnips, carrots and broccoli it is vegan, gluten-free and paleo!
- 1 turnip (large) peeled, and cut into small bite-size cubes
- 2 carrots washed, ends trimmed, cut into bite-size slices
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika powder
- 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence
- 1/8 tsp black pepper ground
- 2 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil for cooking
- 1/2 organic broccoli washed, cut into small bite-size florets
- 398 ml canned chickpeas drained
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 head organic lettuce washed and dried, cut into bite-size chunks
- 2 pickled beets
- 3 tbsp naturally fermented sauerkraut (mine has kimchi spices)
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper (to taste)
- In a medium size mixing bowl, mix the turnips and carrots with the olive oil and spices. Spread on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake in a 450F oven for about 15 minutes (depending on the size of your pieces of vegetables).
- While this cooks, mix the salad dressing ingredients in a medium size mason jar with a lid; shake very well and set aside.
- Prepare and cook the broccoli in a large pan over medium heat with some olive oil. Sauté for about 3-4 minutes, then add the chickpeas and minced garlic (add a bit more olive oil if the pan is too dry), mix, cover and let cook for 2 minutes, remove the lid and continue sautéing for a couple more minutes, stirring often. Add the lemon juice and a pinch or two of salt, mix, turn off the heat.
- The turnips and carrots should be done by now.
- Distribute all the components of the salad in 2 large plates, shake the dressing well and drizzle generously.
- Enjoy right away!
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 1075kcal | Fat: 85g | Saturated fat: 11g | Sodium: 1804mg | Potassium: 1331mg | Carbohydrates: 67g | Fiber: 19g | Sugar: 20g | Protein: 19g | Vitamin A: 11450% | Vitamin C: 170.5% | Calcium: 274% | Iron: 6.2%