Looking for something totally different but delicious to make this weekend for breakfast? How about some pancakes without grains? Yup! Totally wheat-free since there’s no grain whatsoever in it. These are full of natural proteins because we use ground almonds and chickpea flour. Very easy, one bowl required.
If you can get your hands on an organic pomegranate, get it! I just happened to have one and I put it on top, but the combination of sweet and tangy was just unbelievably good! I highly recommend it!
Grain-free pancakes (paleo, vegan, gluten-free, sugar-free) by eyecandypopper.com
- 3/4 cup organic raw, unsalted almonds, ground (I use a coffee grinder)
- 1/3 chickpea flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp unrefined grey sea salt
- 1 ripe organic banana, mashed
- 1/3 cup organic almond butter
- 1/4 cup organic pumpkin seed butter
- 2 Tbsp organic chia seeds mixed with 1/3 cup warm spring (or filtered) water, wait 5-10 minutes, and use
- Organic medium-grade (B) maple syrup, to drizzle on top, to taste
- 1 organic pomegranate, seeded (optional — but delicious)
- organic unrefined coconut oil, for cooking
Simply mix all the ingredients in a bowl (except the maple syrup and pomegranate). Cook in a hot pan over medium heat, with some coconut oil. You’ll want to cook it until it starts to be really brown and caramelized, otherwise you won’t be able to flip it.