I was trying to figure out what to eat the other day while running around cleaning the house, gardening and running errands, when I opened the fridge and I saw this little container of fresh creamy goat cheese (Chèvre)… With tomato season beginning, it was a no-brainer. Fresh Chèvre, heirloom tomato and shallot tartine was born! Yum!
I love making tartine for quick lunches, like this Summer Harvest Tartine! A tartine is simply French for ‘open-faced sandwich’.
In just a few minutes, you have a delicious lunch. This is even better when tomatoes are local, organic, and in season, when the flavour is at its peak! Add a few more minutes and you can have a yummy green salad to go with it.
Fresh Chèvre, heirloom tomato and shallot tartine
- 2 pieces of organic wholegrain bread of your choice, toasted
- 3-4 Tbsp fresh organic Chèvre cheese
- 1 organic, heirloom tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 small organic shallot, thinly sliced
- high quality extra-virgin cold pressed organic olive oil
- high quality organic balsamic vinegar
Simply toast your bread, spread a generous amount of Chèvre on each toast, stack the thin slices of tomatoes, add the shallots on top and drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
Easy, peasy, perfect delicious summer lunch.
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
Love the pictures! Looks good.