I love making a batch of powerballs every week or two, and keep them in the fridge. It’s such a great snack and always ready to go. They’re easy to make (great activity to do with your kids) and they last for a long time in the fridge.
These are similar to the Cashew Powerballs I made a little while ago, but I decided to make something new without cashews and without dates, for something different and good for people with people with cashews allergies. Of course, I always use whole ingredients and real, clean foods, so these aren’t your typical sugar-filled “powerballs” available on the market!
Variety is always good, so here goes!
Fig and Pistachio Powerballs | Raw, Vegan, Sugar-Free
Try these healthy and organic Fig and Pistachio Powerballs. Ready in just 10 minutes!(raw, vegan, gluten-free, paleo, sugar-free)
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted organic almonds soaked overnight (8-12 hours)
- 1/2 cup raw unsalted hazelnuts soaked overnight (8-12 hours)
- 5 dried figs (sulfite-free)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt
- 3 Tbsp raw unsalted pistachio coarsely ground in a coffee grinder
- 1 Tbsp black sesame seeds (optional)
- Using a food processor (I used my mini food processor which works fine, you just need to open it sometimes and mix it with a spoon), put the soaked hazelnuts, almonds, figs, and a pinch of sea salt, and pulse until smooth.
- Using a mini ice cream scoop, or a spoon, form small balls with the mixture and roll in the ground pistachio and sesame seed mix. Put on a baking sheet and keep going until you run out of the mixture, then put the baking sheet in the fridge for a couple of hours to solidify.
- You can then transfer into a large glass container with a lid and keep in the fridge for up to 2-3 weeks.
- Option: If you want a little more sweetness, feel free to add 1 Tbsp of organic chocolate chips in the food processor along with the rest.
- Perfect little bite-size treat to satisfy a sweet tooth on-the-go.
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 74kcal | Fat: 6g | Sodium: 18mg | Potassium: 104mg | Carbohydrates: 4g | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Protein: 2g | Vitamin A: 5% | Vitamin C: 0.3% | Calcium: 29% | Iron: 0.6%