Looking for a delicious and healthy breakfast to make any day of the week? something totally different than the usual? Try this amazing quinoa breakfast, easy to make (you can even cook the quinoa ahead of time – like the night before – to make it even quicker!) that will surely impress the whole family! It’s delicious and oh-so-nutritious!
Delicious Quinoa Breakfast (vegan, gluten-free, soy-free, sugar-free)
A wonderful and delicious quinoa breakfast recipe that can be made with leftover quinoa
- 1 cup quinoa (white or red, or a combination, your choice)
- 1/3 cup raw hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 Tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 Tbsp organic raisins (no sugar added)
- 1/4 cup organic cranberries (no sugar added)
- 2 organic apples (variety of your choice), cut into very small cubes (peeled or not, up to you)
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- extra-virgin olive oil for cooking
- Using spring or filtered water in a medium size pot, bring to a boil and add the quinoa, cover and reduce temperature to medium heat and let simmer for 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, in a large pan over medium heat, toast the hazelnuts for a few minutes (make sure they don't burn), then add all the other seeds to lightly toast them. Put aside in a plate.
- When the quinoa is cooked, drain well. Add a bit of olive oil to your pan and heat to medium temperature. Quickly sauté the cooked quinoa in it, adding the raisins, cranberries and apple pieces. Add the roasted nuts and seeds. Mix well. Add the maple syrup, mix and serve at once.
- Tastes delicious like that or you can add a dollop of fresh organic plain yogurt or Greek yogurt on top if you'd like.
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 494kcal | Fat: 20g | Saturated fat: 2g | Sodium: 8mg | Potassium: 619mg | Carbohydrates: 70g | Fiber: 8g | Sugar: 27g | Protein: 11g | Vitamin A: 50% | Vitamin C: 5.2% | Calcium: 109% | Iron: 4.2%