I’d love to have an ice cream attachment for my mixer, or even an ice cream machine, but I don’t. That doesn’t stop me from making my own ice cream, like this Coconut-blueberry ice cream!
This is a really simple recipe, only 3 ingredients, and only requires an immersion blender (or a blender). Give it a try, it’s ridiculously delicious and refreshing! I used blueberries, but obviously, you could use whichever fruit or berries you prefer, and this one is totally dairy-free and vegan!
Make this on Friday night to enjoy on the weekend!
We ate ours with a slice of delicious homemade brownies, like these Dairy-Free Wholegrain Chewy Brownies, or these Super Healthy vegan Brownies (click on links for recipes).
Coconut Blueberry Ice Cream | Vegan, No Churn
Only a few ingredients are needed to create this recipe for your own healthy Coconut-blueberry ice cream! A perfect cold treat in the summer.
- 14 oz full fat coconut milk 1 regular size can (398 mL/14 oz)
- 1 1/2 cup organic or wild blueberries fresh or frozen
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Simply blend everything with a blender or an immersion blender for about 30-45 seconds. You want it to be as smooth as possible, but you also want to create a lot of air bubbles.
- Pour everything in a freezer-friendly container, and put it in the freezer for at least 3-4 hours, or overnight.
- If frozen solid, simply remove from freezer and leave at room temperature for about 30 minutes to soften. You can use an ice cream scoop to form nice ice cream balls. Enjoy!
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 187kcal | Fat: 14g | Saturated fat: 12g | Sodium: 10mg | Potassium: 204mg | Carbohydrates: 16g | Sugar: 11g | Protein: 1g | Vitamin A: 20% | Vitamin C: 4.3% | Calcium: 29% | Iron: 2.3%
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
Elen Grey | Deep in B-ville Writing Over the Garage says
That’s just naughty! lol
Aaaaahhhh this looks so so good, I’m drooling just looking at it!!! I’m going to make it for the weekend, if I can resist till then. I’ll tell you how it went. Great pictures
I hope it was delicious! 🙂
How many ounces of coconut milk are required? I’ll have to make my own and I’d love to try your recipe!
Hola! Thanks for pointing that out, I had forgotten to write down the exact measure, which I have now added! It’s about 398 mL/14 oz, but the measurements are very flexible, so you can still make it if you have a bit more or a bit less. I’d love to hear about it if you make it! Enjoy! 🙂