Yup. A crostini for breakfast. Why not? This delicious chèvre and strawberry breakfast crostini recipe is very simple.
Once you’ve made a batch of delicious strawberry and rhubarb preserve, here’s what you can use it for (it’s also delicious on ice cream or fresh fruits, or even cookies).
A simple easy breakfast or snack.
Chèvre and strawberry breakfast crostini (for 1)
- 1 or 2 slices organic bread of your choice
- 2-3 Tbsp fresh chèvre (creamy goat cheese)
- 2-3 Tbsp strawberry and rhubarb preserve
- a few fresh organic strawberries, sliced
- hemp hearts (optional)
- chopped raw pistachios (optional)
- fresh mint leaves (optional)
Put everything on toast, starting with the goat cheese, then the preserve, fresh strawberry slices, and optional toppings. Enjoy! 🙂
P.S. if you don’t have any homemade jam, make a quick one! Simply heat up a handful of frozen organic strawberries with a dash of maple syrup until the berries are soft and mushy. It should only take about 5-7 minutes on medium-low heat.
Note: this recipe contains affiliate link(s) for products that I use and/or recommend.