I posted this a little while ago on Instagram, and didn’t think too much of it, given how simple of a recipe it is, but since I ate it probably like 5-6 times in the past 2-3 weeks, I figured I’d share it on the blog too, because maybe other people might like this too 😉
I’m pretty sure kids will like this too, so that could make some pretty delicious breakfasts for back-to-school mornings!
Honestly, it takes a minute to make, and 5 to devour! haha Super yummy, and full of good stuff to get your day (or your kids’ day) off to a good start! Breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and it is important to eat properly to fuel our bodies and brains.
I used the delicious strawberry, rhubarb and chia seed jam that I made a month ago. Soooooo good!
The picture is not super great, but it tastes a lot better than it looks! 😉
Banana Breakfast - Real (Fast) Food | Vegan, Gluten-Free
Quick and easy nutritious banana breakfast for kids and big kids alike.
- 1 organic banana
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seed butter or organic almond butter
- 2 Tbsp organic chocolate spread (optional)
- 3 Tbsp organic jam or compote of your choice or crushed fresh organic fruits
- 2 Tbsp small handful of raw walnuts
- 1 tsp hemp seeds and/or chia seeds (optional)
- Peel the banana and put on a small plate.
- Cover with the chocolate spread (if using), then the pumpkin seed butter (or almond butter), and the jam/compote.
- Sprinkle with pieces of walnuts, and chia seeds/hemp seeds, if using.
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 1017kcal | Fat: 52g | Saturated fat: 24g | Sodium: 52mg | Potassium: 858mg | Carbohydrates: 126g | Fiber: 9g | Sugar: 84g | Protein: 16g | Vitamin A: 75% | Vitamin C: 16.4% | Calcium: 151% | Iron: 6.6%