I didn’t have time to add this recipe earlier this week when I shared my Vegan Lemon Thyme Shortbread, so here it is…. Healthy Almond Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies. A special edition of Wheatless Wednesday on Saturday! 😉
Another awesome cookie recipe! SO good and crazy easy to make. Seriously! One bowl, no fuss, no mess. Ready to eat in about 30 minutes! You’ll have to wait for them to cool down before eating them though… haha
Healthy Almond Raspberry Thumbprint Cookies | Vegan, Gluten-Free, No Refined Sugar
A truly healthy almond raspberry thumbprint cookies recipe made with real ingredients, no sugar, no gluten, vegan, but it tastes delicious and guilt-free!
- 1 1/3 cup raw organic almonds ground in a coffee grinder. This will give you approx. 2 cups almond meal.
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup raw organic honey for vegans, replace with maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp nut milk
- 1/3 cup buckwheat flour
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 3 Tbsp organic raspberry jam of your choice
In a medium size mixing bowl and using a spoon, mix all of the ingredients, except the buckwheat and brown rice flours.
Once it's all mixed, then add the buckwheat flour and brown rice flour, and mix until the dough is forming a ball naturally (not sticking to the sides). You can adjust the flour if you need more or less.
- Then, using a mini ice cream scoop or a teaspoon, form little balls and drop them on a cookie baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Use your (clean) thumb to gently push in the middle of each ball to create an indent. Add a little bit of jam in each indent.
- Bake in a 375F oven for about 10-12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool down for several minutes.
Enjoy right away or store in an airtight container (once completely cooled down) for a week or two.
Note: I do not believe anyone should worry about counting calories, but here is the nutritional information for one serving
Calories: 61kcal | Fat: 4g | Saturated fat: 1g | Sodium: 16mg | Potassium: 51mg | Carbohydrates: 5g | Sugar: 2g | Protein: 1g | Calcium: 16% | Iron: 0.3%