I wanted to make sweet potato cornbread, but I was out of sweet potatoes, so I decided to make a quick and easy batch of mini cornbread muffins to go with my 45 min healthy chili. This is super easy to make, but very healthy: using only wholegrain flours, less wheat (i.e. less gluten), barely any sugar and healthy fat (i.e. olive oil). It is also dairy-free!
This easy from-scratch recipe for classic corn bread muffins is one you’ll make time and time again. These yummies can be out of your oven and on your table by the time your chili is ready and they taste like good ol’ fashioned cornbread.
Healthy cornbread muffins
3 min prep time
20 min cooking time
- 1 1/2 cups cashew/almond cream (or rice milk)
- 1/3 cup high quality extra-virgin organic cooking olive oil
- 1 large local free-range organic egg
- 1 1/2 cup organic cornmeal
- 1/2 cup organic whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup each: organic chickpea flour, organic whole spelt flour
- 1/2 cup organic whole rye flour
- 2 Tbsp unbleached ‘white’ sugar
- 1 Tbsp local raw organic honey (or whole sugar – Sucanat)
- 1 Tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp unrefined grey sea salt
Preheat oven to 425F. Put 12 unbleached muffin liners in muffin pan. In a large bowl, combine all ingredients; mix well. Spoon batter into muffin cups. Bake muffins for 20-22 minutes, or until golden. Serve warm.
Join our Healthy Community!
Receive Tips, Recipes, our Newsletter
and get a free Guide!
Leave a Reply