One of my favourite meals to make for lunch during the summer. I have just enough time to make a big green salad while the omelet cooks, making it a complete delicious meal, for lunch or dinner. I actually whipped this up for a quick lunch with a friend visiting during her lunch break, that’s how quick it is!
Healthy Spanish omelet (3-4 servings)
- 5 large local free-range organic eggs, whisked with a couple of pinches of unrefined grey sea salt
- 1 medium-size organic sweet potato, cut in 4, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size organic white or yellow flesh potato, cut in 4, thinly sliced
- 1 organic onion, cut in half, thinly sliced (or use 2-3 organic green onions, thinly sliced, green and white parts)
- high quality extra-virgin organic cooking oil (I use this one)
Warm a large pan over medium heat, with the olive oil. Sauté the onion and potatoes for about 5 minutes or until lightly golden/roasted. Pour the egg mixture over it and cover with a lid,reduce the temperature immediately to medium-low and cook for about 3-5 minutes (enough time to wash your organic lettuce, whip up a quick homemade dressing with balsamic vinegar, olive oil, a dash of maple syrup or raw honey, pinch of salt, and voilà!).
It should be fluffy.
Serve immediately with a big green salad. Delicious!