This is one of my favourite recipes! 10 min chickpea and feta salad with herb balsamic dressing, perfect with my Herb Balsamic dressing on a warm day!
Probably one of the most delicious salad/meal I’ve ever made/had. So, so good. It combines a bunch of raw vegetables and some chickpeas for proteins. I add goat milk feta cheese, but if you’re a vegan, you can marinate tofu or almond feta cheese in the salad dressing ahead of time and crumble it over your salad.
Perfect for a lighter dinner or a great lunch at work or school (simply keep the dressing in a separate container if you’re packing for a lunch and mix just before eating, so that the salad doesn’t get soggy).
Oh maaaaaan, this salad is good. Try it!!!
Chickpea and Feta Cheese Salad (3-4 servings)
10 min preparation
- 1/2 large head of organic lettuce, washed and ripped into bite-size chunks (romaine, green leaf or red leaf would work, something with a bit of a crunch and flavour)
- 1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 medium-size carrot, shredded or in ribbons using a peeler
- a small handfull of organic parsley (curly), minced
- 1/2 organic pepper (colour of your choice: red, yellow, green, orange…), cut in small cubes or thinly sliced
- 1 large organic tomato, cubed or sliced (or cherry tomatoes, cut in half)
- 1/4 small red onion, minced or thinly sliced
- 1 can (398 ml) organic chickpeas, rinsed (I use BPA-free)
- 150 g. organic goat milk feta cheese, crumbled (could be replaced with marinated tofu)
- 1/4-1/2 cup Herbes de Provence and balsamic vinaigrette
Mix all the ingredients, except the lettuce and the cheese, in a large bowl. Add the cheese and vinaigrette and mix well. Split the lettuce into 4 large plates, spoon the chickpea and feta cheese mixture on top and serve at once. Enjoy!